As asians, we just could’t and I really mean could’t live without having rice at least once a day! Its just a need that needs to be fufilled. It could be just plain white rice with a side of chicken curry, rice with stir fried vegetables or just anything with rice. But one of the go to’s will always be fried rice. There are many types and variations of fried rice too. From the all time favorite “nasi goreng kampung” to the “kimchi fried rice” you just name it! We have everything and it could be hard to decide what to choose sometimes.
One of the dish that Nicole usually orders whenever we go to a thai restaurant is usually pineapple fried rice. Well to make your favourite person happy you have to know how to cook her favourite dishes right?
So here’s my take on a simply pineapple fried rice.
- 3 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup diced yellow onions
- 1/2 large red pepper( sliced or diced)
- 1 large carrot ( diced)
- 1 teaspoon tumeric
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 6 cups cooked jasmine rice ( preferably leftover rice from the day before)
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- A bunch of chervil ( for garnish)
- 1/2 riped pineapple ( diced)
- Heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil in a pan over medium high heat and cook the eggs till they are cooked.
- Transfer the eggs to a bowl and set aside for later.
- Wipe the pan with towels to clean it if nesassary.
- Heat the remaining oil and add in the onions and a pinch of salt. Sauté till the onions are soft then mix in the red peppers and carrots and cook for another two minutes.
- Add in the tumeric and ground coriander and stir till the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Add the rice, soy sauce and white pepper in and continue stirring ensuring everything combined evenly.
- Lastly, stir in the eggs and pineapple
- Once ready, serve immediately