It could be really hot almost everyday here in Malaysia and its really frustrating sometimes so why not have something to cool yourself. Something that’s affordable and easy to make like this mango sorbet recipe!!
You could get mangoes almost everywhere here in Malaysia so go get some and bring to your kitchen!
Makes: 4 cups
Total time: 1day
Active time: 40 minutes
- 2 pounds riped mangoes (peel and diced
- 1/4 cups of water
- 3/4 cups brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon of lime juice
- A pinch of salt
- Put the diced mangoes in a blender with water and blend till smooth.
- Pass the puree into a chinois and transfer to a large bowl.
- Add in the sugar and whisk till dissolved.
- Next, add in the lime juice and salt.
- Taste and add more lime juice or salt if needed.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 4 to 5 hours/ overnight
- Churn in ice cream maker according to the manufacturer’s instruction.
- Once ready, transfer to an airtight container and let to chill inn the freezer Overnight before serving.
- You can add in some tequila, mint or chilli flakes to improvise the flavour of the sorbet according to your palate.