Since my little cousins are here, so I thought why not make some cream puffs, they are easy to make, delicious and im sure the kids would love it! And I made some coloured sugar glaze so my little cousins could get their hands dirty and have a little fun.
Time: 70 minutes
- 150g plain flour
- 185ml water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 75 g butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Any food colouring of your choice( optional)
- Sift the flour into a bowl
- Combine the water, salt and butter in medium sauce pan over medium heat until just boiling.
- Remove from the heat and add in the flour while stirring with a wooden spoon till combined.
- Return to the heat and continue stirring till smooth and it doesn’t stick to the side of the pan. ( panada)
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat and let it cool for 3 to five minutes.
- Add in one egg at a time and stir with a wooden spoon till fully combined, then add the next and repeat.
- Put in a piping bag and pipe on a baking tray on a parchment paper and bake in a preheated oven at 200 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- Once ready fill with pastry cream which could be prepared earlier. ( check out my dragonfruit pastry cream)
- For the glaze, just add all the ingredients together and stir till combined well.