TOFFEE!! A candy holiday classic. Its so simple to make so why not make it anytime of the year cause you only live once 😉 This buttery toffee can be enjoyed as toppins for cakes and desserts, enjoyed with ice cream, used in butter cream fillings or you could just enjoy it as it is!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup semi sweet chocolate chip (optional)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds (optional)
- Heat the butter, sugar, and water in a saucepan over medium heat while constanly stirring for about 13 minutes.
- Immediately pour toffee onto an ungreased large cookie sheet and spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with the chocolate chips and almonds or with any toppings of your choice.
- Let it cool on room temperature for about an hour until firm.
- Break into bite- size pieces and store in an air tight container.