Now this recipe will get your neighbors come knocking at your door because what smells better then some cinnamon rolls slowly baking in your oven, transforming your house making it smell like a professional kitchen. Nicole and her mom loves making these cinnamon rolls at home and I remember helping them in the kitchen, it was a fun experience and the best part is that there was some delicious cinnamon rolls waiting for us after all the mess we’ve created! Here’s a simple recipe for some amazing cinnamon rolls that will make you love baking even more.
Total time: 40 minutes ( without dough resting time)
Makes: 12 servings
- 7 grams dry yeast
- 250 ml warm milk
- 100 grams granulated sugar
- 75 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 500 grams all purpose flour
- 200 grams brown sugar
- 3 tablespoon cinnamon
- 75 grams soften margarine
- Raisins (optional)
- Dissolve the yeast in the warm milk and let it sit for 5 minutes or until the yeast starts to froth up.
- In a bowl, mix in the flour, sugar, eggs, butter and salt, then mix it well.
- Add in the yeast and milk mixture to the dry ingredients and mix till well incorporated.
- Let the dough rest in a bowl for about an hour and till it doubles in size.
- Roll the dough out on a lightly floured surface, until its approximately 16 inches long and 12 inches wide. It should be about 1/4 inches thick.
- Grease the baking pan and preheat the oven to 350 F degrees
- In another bowl, combine the margarine/butter, raisins, cinnamon and brown sugar to make the filling.
- Spread the filling evenly on the dough.
- Carefully roll the dough and cut into 1 1/2 inch slices.
- Place the cut rolls into the baking pan and cover it with a damp towel and let it rest for another 30 minutes or till doubled in size.
- Bake for 20 minutes or till lightly brown in colour.